In this week’s Taylored Wines Test Kitchen, we’re going seasonal with the Nomad Food Co. at the Green City Farmer’s Market in Chicago, IL. The star of this seasonal recipe is asparagus, and the Black Garlic Aioli makes it perfect to pair with Pinot Noir. Jared Batson, founder of the Nomad Food Company, shares how to make this delicious seasonal dish in the video below.
- Green Asparagus
- Purple Asparagus
- Black Garlic Aioli
- Add green and purple asparagus to a hot pan
- Add salt
- Cook in wood fire oven for 3-5 minutes. (If cooking on a hot grill or oven this may take up to 10 minutes, be sure to feel the asparagus for the tenderness you desire). Flip 2-3 times for even cooking. Jared recommends cooking until just tender so it still has a crisp bite.
- Plate the asparagus
- Add black garlic aioli (recipe below)
- Add shaved breakfast radish and the green tops of the shaved radish for a bitter pop
- Add fresh watercress
We know what you’re thinking, asparagus = sauvignon blanc, and normally we’d agree with you. Remember that earthy, slightly sweet black garlic aioli that Jared put on top? It’s a game changer when pairing this dish. It adds depth, weight and incredible earthy notes that make this perfect to pair with Pinot Noir. Enjoy now, thank us later! Our recommendations:
- 2013 Joseph Jewell Russian River Valley Pinot Noir
- 2012 Bernard Moreau Chassagne Montrachet Rouge V.V. 2012
Black Garlic Aioli Recipe
The aioli that made this dish, and that will add a pop to many of your dishes year round. Enter your email HERE and this magical recipe will make it’s way to your inbox momentarily. Happy cooking!
Click >>HERE<< to get The Nomad’s Black Garlic Aioli Recipe!